Thirty is too little to list the things that make me happy. Waking up with warm sunshine on my cheeks, a cool light breeze, trees, and chirping birds make me happy. The smell of coffee, the sight of my sleepy puppy next to me, random baby and kids’ pictures, pictures of my kids, their phone calls, my husband’s massages, and caring and loving gestures. Bachata music and dancing makes me happy too. Road trips, wind blowing on my face as we go down a hill.. blasting music of Pink playlist, butterflies, sight of Bisons in the distance. Sleeping in on weekends and walks to the parks, best friend’s visit, decent tasting red wine and the smell of rain.
This module is created to provide students with composition fundamentals in 2Dimensional art. Artists use different techniques in their composition to direct viewers eyes and makes the artwork interesting. In this module students will develop a working definition of 2-dimensional art, composition, and techniques of composition. Students will create 2-dimensional art using collage techniques. Students will develop their knowledge and skills and create a 2-dimensional artwork for their Advance Placement course.
At the end of the module, students will:
- Investigate materials, processes and ideas used in 2-dimensional art.
- Develop knowledge and skills. What is 2-dimensional art? How can artists use techniques to create 2-dimensional art interesting and can attract viewer’s attention?
- Create a 2-dimensional art using collage and document artist’s processes.
- Present an individual digital submission and be able to provide a critical response to other student’s artwork.
- Lectures and videos via Zoom.
- Watch video on the fundamentals of 2Dimentional art. 2D Composition Fundamentals
- Student’s Screencast video on materials, processes, and final artwork.
- Summary of Learning
- Art Critique